Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Posts and Updates - and a Good Man Down

Terry Herbert
It is always sad when one of our number leaves us. CHRIS F passed on December 17. It is not clear whether his re4spiratory problems resulted from his chemotherapy or his prostate cancer.

Hi,

it is sad indeed when someone passes away, but it also makes me mad to see, how rigid the medical system is. We had a similar case in our support group this month.

It is a typical course of chemotherapy to weaken and finally destroy the immune system, which often results in respiratory problems (pneumonia) and leads to exitus. I am sure that most docs know this, but still keep giving patients the standard chemo regimen.

It is beyond me why it is so difficult to find uros/oncos to administer a low dose chemotherapy, and why most health systems refuse to cover the cost.
A low dose chemo might not be quite as effective as the standard, but has less side effects and lets the patient keep a bit of his QL.

We all have to die (life itself is fatal, as one onco once said), but the way Pca-patients are treated towards the end is not acceptable.

Still, I hope you all had a pleasant X-mas.

Josh

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS