Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coffee may prevent Pca

I heard this report on PBS yesterday and wanted to share. http://www.healthnews.com/family-health/mens-health/regular-coffee-consumption-can-reduce-risk-of-prostate-cancer-3944.html

Re: Coffee may prevent Pca

Used to drink it by the bucket loads Ed. I must have been an exception, LOL.

Must have passed me over too... Retired Military who lived and still drinks more than my quota of coffee.. Guess there is and exception to every rule!

Just out of interest.

Is there anyone who posts here with P.Ca. who was NOT a coffee drinker ? Or only very small amounts e.g one cup a day.

Thanks

Not a coffee drinker? That would be me. I do have a cup from time to time, but most days have none.

I have never drunk the stuff - plenty of beer though - and the phytoestrogens in hops are receiving a lot of attention as anti cancer agents - but levels are too low in beer

From Tim ... "but levels are too low in beer"

So we should drink more beer???

PLEASE SAY YES so I can show this to my wife (smile).

Side note ... why am I getting this message at the end of the post ...

(Since this is your post, you have 59 minutes remaining to Edit or Delete)

I edited it but it popped up again.

Aloha MacRob,
I remember drinking a mug of JOE while I was on watch in the Navy, only when it was cold. Heck, I grow the stuff now, but only have a half of cup every couple of months.
Joe

Thanks Gentlemen,
Not a huge poll I know but it is interesting to see your comments.
Cheers
Rob

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS