Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DaVinci RLP Surgery - Feedback Thank You's

I believe your husband will be fine escpecially with you by his side. I also just wanted the cancer out, but my dear CALM wife took over and made sure we had all of the facts. My uro actually set up consultations with a radiologist and other surgeons. My wife, (and this site) were my strengths through the entire process. January will be my second anniversary since the procedure and WE are doing better than ever!!!! Hang in there and stay calm.
Email if you need more info. lpullen@cox.net

Re: DaVinci RLP Surgery - Feedback Thank You's

One more response to agree with the above...

I had similar diagnosis and was encouraged by every doctor and urologist I met to take some time (ranged from 2-4 months) to get second (and third) opinion, discuss things with my spouse, meet a few doctors, etc. And THEN decide what to do.

Should you go for surgergy its crucial that you carefully and thoughtfully evaluate the surgeons record. As noted here, robotic surgeons ideally have done over 300 procedures and do them regularly.

I ended up with the robotic prostatectomy in June 2009 (was diagnosed in January 2009). It was a very managable experience, and I am a good example of someone who comes out of the process in good shape (undetectable PSA, no incontinence, slowly regaining erections).

The fact that you are supporting your husband and working together on this is great and bodes well for happy life together, regardless of the course you chose.

Good luck!

Paul M

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS