Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clarification of Urologist notes

Hi Peter,
That should be pussy or tiger, LOL.

I agree with Terry in that it is somewhat futile to seek to categorise PCa in such a simplistic fashion. The most consistent thing about PCa is it's inconsistency.

Ok so having said the above, I am of the opinion that limited data in your biopsy reports suggest's that your PCa is eminently treatable. In fact your biopsy data is similar to my own. I am almost 2 years post treatment, and I now enjoy a good quality of life.

John

Re: Clarification of Urologist notes

Hi Peter,
The two biopsies are contadictonary, so you had better get copies of the reports.

In biopsy two the classification is pT3a, which means that the cancer has left the prostate and spread elsewhere. Gleason 4+3 also approaches a high risk situation, so I think your cancer is something like "Garfield" (but not as lazy), if you want to think in those categories.

You should have a good talk with your uro and find out as much as you can about your cancer by further diagnostic like MRI, CT, and bone scan.

Josh

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS