Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AMS 800 Expectations

Will anyone share their experience after a successful AMS 800 implant (artificial urinary sphincter). I have had two failures but the last failure has brought my sever, continual incontinence down to a single male pad a day. Many might be satisfied with that. However, I have an AMS Advance sling that brought me from 6-7 soaked briefs (about a pound or two soaked) down to one soaked brief. The AMS 800 working with the sling should bring me to dry at least during moderately stressful work (mowing the lawn, lifting groceries, getting out of bed, crawling under the car, putting my motorcycle up on it's center stand, etc.) I do not have that.

How has it worked for you. What have you settled for and why? Do any of you have the sling cuff combo? EWhat have been your results.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS