Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Chronic Fatigue Symptom

In the last week or so there have been reports linking pca with Chronic Fatigue Symptom. At last I could label the sometimes hell that I have experiencing for the last six months.
It started towards the end of April. Fatigue, headaches, sore throat, dizziness, muscle aches and at times the inability to collect my thoughts and complete a sentence. My doctor ran all the possible tests. I saw a neurologist and an old doctor who has a fantastic reputation in the prognosis of strange ailments. I asked my oncologist whether the problem could be a side effect of the Casodex or Avodart that I was taking. Nobody could find an answer. By the end of June I was becoming desperate. Suddenly the attacks (for the want of a better word) started easing up, once every second or third day instead of every day. Today I might have an attack once a week.
When reading the article my hair stood on end. I could relate to every symptom. I was not unique and my problems had a name. If any of you are experiencing something what I have described and nobody has an answer, at you can label it. Unfortunately they have not found a cure.
Here is the website of the article in the New York Times;
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/health/13fatigue.html?_r=1.

Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Aloha Lenny,
I think that CFS is probably associated with any of the body's conditions that tend to wear you down. I've had sinus problems for 35 years, the PCa treatment just added more body burden and hence more CFS. It can be real difficult to keep up the exercise under these circumstances, but I feel exercise is the only hope we can grasp to make that difference in our lives where we want to keep going. Ya still need those happy thoughts!!!
Joe

Lenny,

I experienced EXACTLY the same symptoms as you, and like you, had all types of tests which revealed nothing 'sinister'.
Nobody could give me an answer...oncologist, endocrinologist, my family doctor.

I remain convinced it was connected to treatment of my PCa, whether HT, RT or both.
I'm getting much better now, but I agree with you, the bad days were awful - very tired, and sometimes unable to complete a sentence.

There has to be an answer as to the cause out there somewhere.

Very best wishes,

George

England

Lenny,

Have a look at this:
http://www.ahccpublishedresearch.com/wwwroot-ahcc/studies/AHCC_04_1002.html
It`s a promotional article, but it might give you some idea of what is happening (just ignore the promotional part).

Josh

That all makes sense to me Josh.

That article plus the one Lenny mentioned which directly linke CFS and PCa go a long way to explaining what a lot of us have experienced.

Many thanks.

George

England

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS