Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Urge incontinence 6 mos after surgery

I am at wits end! I am having major urge incontinence after having robotic surgery 6 mos back in 3/09. I am up at night, all night, going 2-3 times /hr most of the time; on a good night it's 1 time per hr or maybe once in a blue moon 1 time every 1 1/2 hr. It's like this all day long too. My urologist has been of little help in that he throws a new pill at me the couple of times I have seen him since the surgery and seems like he's more interested in doing more surgeries on others and not interested in dealing with me as I am a problem for him that went bad. Has anyone out there gone through this or is going through this now? This is impeding my life in a such a major way and as of right now, I see no end in sight. Please let me know if you have dealt with this in some capacity and any treaments, diets, pills, or other items you have had success with in ending this.
Thank you so much.

Re: Urge incontinence 6 mos after surgery

John,

I can't help you from a personal point of view, but I've read a fair few stories over the years.

It seems to me that the most likely cause of your problem is a stricture or adhesion - the growth of scar tissue - which is stopping your bladder draining completely.

If that is the case, it should be relatively easy to fix in most cases, but what you need to do as step one is to kick your urologist to the kerb and find someone who is more interested in you than his fee.

If you go back to the website and locate the Search Engine there and key in the word stricture, you will find many references and some discussions on the subject, all of which might be helful for you.

Good luck

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS