Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sweating

You can ask for Efforex(sp?). I was given a 15mg dose, but it did not help at all. I sweat too. Just had to wait for Lupron to start working its way out of my body. I had my last shot in Mar'09, and I stop sweating profusely early Sept'09. I sleep better now, have more energy too, and sex life is gradually returning. I have not lost the weight though, at least not yet.

B'rggs

Thomas

Thomas,
Many thanks. Will follow it up. Anything is worth trying.
Best regards
Michael

For anyone else who has to shrink their prostate prior to radiaton if you take Casodex rather than Lupron it will give the same results with about 20% of the side affects of Lupron.
JohnT

I have posted on this subject elsewhere but have yet to receive any definitive answers.

The general opinion seems to be that ADT side-effects are solely the result of reduced testosterone levels rather than being caused by the drug itself. Assuming this to be the case I would expect the side-effects to take some to time to go away as testosterone levels gradually re-establish.

It is interesting to hear opinion that different ADT drugs CAN make a difference, implying that at least some of the side-effects are caused by the drug itself rather than reduced testosterone levels.

Has anyone else experience of comparing one type of ADT drug with another?

Jeremy

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS