Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What % of your incontinence is due to other things?

Many of us "treated" for Prostate Cancer still donate quite a bit of pee to pads etc. We assume that it's because of the surgery or radiation and other related issues, and thats part of the cause. Many of us here take Blood Pressure meds and water pills. I accidently got locked away from my B.P. meds for 24 hours a few days ago and guess what? An amazing "recovery". I went everywhere and felt like a kid again, Pee wise. Only used a toilet 3 x in 24 hours. Like Pre illness. Moving your meds to a time that your horizontal might help a lot, and talking to your regular doc about moving the times you take your meds might be worth the effort. If a survey exists on post op P. CA patients I would guess that those that returned to continence quickly were not on high doses of BP meds and water pills.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS