Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: blood in urine after catheter removal

Hi Agrey,

I had robotic surgery in Feb 2008. I also had blood in my urine after the catheter was removed. It was on and off for about ten days. I sometimes had light blood, heavier "clouds" and very small clots. My surgeon's nurse said that this was fine as long as there were no big clots. I admitted to her that I was very worried. I think I called her three times. She also told me to not be in a hurry in the bathroom. I did not think I had been straining, but followed her advice, particularly at night, and the blood stopped showing up!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you very much for the response. I notice light blood in my urine, especially during a bowel movement. But your answer is quite reassuring that I need to be patient unless it becomes worryingly heavy.
Thank you again.

I had small amounts of blood in my urine for three or four weeks post surgery. My surgeon was not alarmed, said it would stop soon. He was right! I should also note that at two weeks post surgery I took a long (600 miles) car trip which I believe added to the length of time to clear the blood out.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS