Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Driving after Robotic surgery.

Please note that when I tried to name the brand of pain med (it begins with Vid*****), my reply was rejected as spam.

That is really odd. I know this site has a Spam filter - and it works pretty well, I must say. I think I have only had two posts get past it since the forum was started, but I didn't know that mentkion of specifci brands would trigger it!!

All the best

Terry

I was driving the day the catheter came out. That was about 10 days after non-robotic RP. The catheter isn't really a limiting factor, they just recommend you don't do it in case something happens to the catheter (like it pulls on places it shouldn't, I suppose) and causes a sudden pain that could cause an accident. As someone said, the real limiting factor is pain meds. I was given v_cod_n (just in case the spam filter is looking) but I didn't like how it made me feel so I stuck with Tylenol.

Dan

No particular problem driving came my way. After surgery it was 2 days more before I had a bowel movement. Then I used the car to go to the market and so forth, starting on the following day. Just wore sweat pants and they kept the urine bag covered. No problem sitting, in a car or otherwise. We thought the pain meds contributed to a stuck bowel, so I didn't use them after the first 24 hours. No severe pain, so no problem. Mine was a robotic surgery.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS