Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lymph node involvment

Patrick
Sorry to hear that your PC has spread to lymph nodes mine own PC Has spread to the pelvic region nodes l can only give you a brief run down Of my experience and must stress that everybody is different and every body reacts different to treatment so you cant take anyone’s situation as being the same for all.
My PSA had stayed low around 1.5 for 2 years, had a pain in my back thought l had pulled a muscle Just ignored it as my last scans 6 weeks prior showed no course for concern,
The pain got worse so had to go to hospital they kept me in after doing test and a scan Showed pelvic nodes had increased from 1 cm to 6 cm and was trapping tube from kidney.
So had to have a stent fitted my PSA is still only 2 unable to walk for a any distance without legs swelling up to twice their size, passing blood in water and in pain to the stomach the oncologist sent me on a course of RT then Started me on a course of chemo which lm on at present this treatment is to control the spread and size of nodes ,
With the pain controlled I don’t feel any different just carrying on as normal, just because its spread to the lymph nodes does not mean that anything has changed in my mind l still have PC its just being managed differently
Hope this helps and good luck
bob

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS