Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Read A Primer on Prostate Cancer, The Empowered Patient's Guide

Thanks Terry, and I hope that you enjoyed you supper. You have (with my peach} proved once again that even an idiot{me} can be educated to some degree! I'm grateful for your hard work and incite to make the trip back down to my 5th grade level! lol...Do you get the tv show "are you smarter than a fifth grader"? in your part of the world? It's a great show. I'm not....but you sure are!

I must confess that using the peach was a brilliant plan on my end as well. I knew that you would answer it and elaborate brilliantly, and you did, but I also knew that I'm probably not the only one fishing with a "brain Cloud" problem...lol...and it would help me now and other "idiots" in the future. So when I'm pushing up daiseys/pomagranates in a few years be sure our/your peach stays available to future "idiots".... Yes it helped....Proving once again "that the peach is mightier than the surgeons/robots sword!"

Re: Read A Primer on Prostate Cancer, The Empowered Patient's Guide

Yes indeed I had an excellent meal. Now I have had a good walk with my three 'boys' and am about to have breakfast!

There are no 'idiotic' questions, as far as I am concerned - the only really stupid question is the one not asked. This is a complex disease we are dealing with and the more we individually understand it the better it is for us - and for those who come behind us, because we can help them.

Don't forget to buy the book!!

Re: I need a Prostate Cancer for idiots book!

12. And where in this picture is The Extracapsular invasion? {invasion into the Fiberous Tissue} I presume. No, through the fibrous tissue/peach flesh into the prostate bed but, because you have not been staged T3b, there is no evidence that it has spread beyond the capsule into the seminal vesicles, or T4 which would indicate spread into nearby structures.

This # 12 explanation has me wondering if it's possible or likely that the Cancer {this based on your saying THROUGH the fibrous tissue} started away from the pit/prostate gland? I'm reasonably certain the robotic arm went THROUGH the fibrous tissue on its way to GRAB the PIT/prostate, so the robots arm either put the cancer onto the tissue on the way in or on the way out. Perhaps your gonna say that it was already there. No hurry for an answer here, enjoy your weekend. I guess it's the end of winter or early spring where you are, enjoy.

Perhaps (if you have the patience) it might be worthwhile watching the whole of an actual robotic prostate removal procedure. You will certainly get a better idea of what and how it was done. It is pretty interesting if you have the stomach to watch such surgery.
http://www.or-live.com/jeffersonhospital/1285/event/rnh.cfm
Bill

Now just pause a moment and think.

1. Why is the disease we share called PROSTATE cancer? Why, because it starts in the prostate gland!!! Not outside it.

2. Since the biopsy needles only sample the prostate gland, is it possible that the disease identified as PROSTATE cancer could have developed elsewhere and have been imported into the gland by a procedure done AFTER the biopsy that discovered the disease? Err.....probably not!

Have you ordered your copy of the Prostate Primer yet? Have you read Donna Pogliano's draft yet?

Terry

Personally I found "A Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer" by Dr Patrick Walsh to be very good. I found it a very understandable read. Keep in mind that Dr Walsh is an "open guy" and tends speak well of this procedure.

Paul

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS