Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pain from Catheter ? starting after discharge from hospital

Hi Ron,

Your experiences are right in line with my own (I had my daVinci on July 7). I found the burning was most often associated with leakage around the catheter. I came home with a "leg-anchor" for the foley that allowed a lot of movement. This seemed only to irritate my penis. On day 5 of the 9 I had the foley, my dear wife stopped in at the local hospital and a kind nurse showed her how to use silk tape to secure the foley to my leg. With less movement there was less irritation and much more comfort, even with the occassional leakage.

ScotK
St. Louis, MO

Re: Pain from Catheter ? starting after discharge from hospital

Had the robotic surgery in mid-June 09. I had very similar experience.

In my case, it was not terrible pain, but slight burning discomfort at the tip of penis that seemed worse after I had been active - e.g. walking a mile or so.

I applied a topical anesthetic with a pain releiver e.g. Neosporin quite often and it seemed to help.

Good news is that in a few days you'll be rid of the thing!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS