Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How Long Have I Got?

Hi Joe:
My original question seems to have been overtaken by a discussion on diet and supplements! But, since it's on my post let me just add two points:
1. I too got the Hopkins e-alert - I don't think it was a spoof
2. The scienceblog post you referenced has some very interesting comments at the end of it. Like you I took supplements (though not, as it happens, selenium) before I was diagnosed to 'prevent' PCa. So I was initially aggrieved at my stupidity and the wasting of my money. But then I realised that I have possibly had PCa for up to 10 years - well before I started taking supplements - so it's also arguable that the supps have slowed down the growth!
You can argue it either way I guess, and I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with an aggressive form. In the end, the supplements are probably going to make a small difference either way - at least compared with the surgical, hormonal, chemical interventions.

Best wishes,
David

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS