Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ProstasCint - Available in Australia? Going to US for treatment advice?

I had a Prostascint scan after a failed DaVinci. It did not detect the PSA that was pouring out of the half prostate that the surgeon left behind. The hospital had the nerve to bill my insurance $10,000 for this so-called test. A $10 PSA blood test was more reliable. I wouldn't waste my time.

Paul,

To the best of my knowledge the Prostascint test is not available in Australia. There are indeed problems with the test, as has been alluded to. The Combidex test is the one recom,ended by Dr Stephen Strum - you can read about his book on the site.

Terry, in Cape Towm

Prostascint is only 70% effective and has a lot of false positives.
The best test for lympn nodes is the Combidex MRI which is only done in Holland and costs $1900 Euros.
It is 96% effective in picking up lymph node involvement using iron oxide nano particles that cannot enter any affected node. It is a painless two day procedure. IV of nano particles 1st day and MRI on day 2, about an hour each day. You leave with a disc containing over 1500 images of lymphatic system and prostate. Within a week you get a full report and a computer generated video showing the lymphatic system and any infected nodes.
The test is well worth the money and time. If you want more information e mail me.

JohnT

Many thanks all!

Current situation.

Gleason 7 (4+3), with positive margins at the apex post op. Staged T3a.

My local doctors suggest 6 month course of hormones with radiotherapy to prostate bed in the 5th month. Gives me time to get the bladder under control. All seems reasonable. I wonder if you should do a longer hormone course. Snuffy Myers suggests in some cases 12mths on a triple hormone cocktail.

Does bother than doctors think lymph nodes Ok by MRI and sight only.

I find it funny my parents (recently passed) are from Holland. Might be a message in that.

Cheers all and many thanks for info

G'day Paul,

There are many oncologists (especially in the US) who would share Snuffy's view. But then there is a tendency in the US to overtreat and use massivr doses where smaller ones might do just as well with fewer side effects.

From my personal experience in Aus, there seems to be a view that there is less of this kind of approach and as that concurs with my personal views, it's fine by me.

All the best

Terry in Melbourne

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS