Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incontinence

I had my Op in early March and am still not all the way there yet. I am currently on 1 pad a day and having therapy.
I was also worried and asked here about it and got the advice you need. "Do not worry it will get better" That is good advice . Some of us take longer than others as we get older but you will get there.
good luck

David

Mike C, can you explain better how you achieved continence? Right now I never need to sleep with a pad, I've got it fairly under control sitting down, but on my feet it is just very insidious, no matter how I tighten up my muscles from my knees up to my armpit, I'll still have a few drops that leak out like a leaky faucet. Thanks for saying that things will improve. It does give one a sense of hope!!
Thanks

It has been good to read this thread and hear your frank and hopeful comments about incontinence. I am currently sitting here with my folly in place.

ScotK: I've dealt with this issue more than most as I had Brachytherapy and an RRP. I found a few useful items at Allegro:
http://www.allegromedical.com/incontinence-c525.html.

Tried clamps, condom caths, etc and hated them (slipping off or just plain uncomfortable). Now I use Tena guards along with a super absorbent adult diaper when at work. Easy to replace the guards and the diaper catches any overflow. At home I use regular baby diapers - cheaper.

I only sweat it a bit when I'm at work, Fortunately, not an overly physical profession. I think those of us who experience this are hyper-aware of being in public with incontinence when most of Joe Public doesn't notice and could care less. At home I use regular baby diapers - cheaper.

Scheduled for a AUS in about 4 mos as soon as docs are confident the scarring has matured around my bladder neck.

Good luck.

Dean in Florida

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS