Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EXTENT OF ADT INFLUENCE

My last Lupron shot was in June. It took until December before my testosterone started to come back.

How Long till Sex?

Aloha Patrick,
I started 1 year of Lupron Depot shots in June 07, last shot April 08.
EBRT/IMRT Sept/Oct 07
Both testosterone & PSA after being zip started to rise Jan 09. PSA has continued to remain steady at 0.12 the last three months, going to check again later this month. The testosterone is finally back to low normal this last month. For this I am very great-full.
Joe

Hello Patrick, I just got done with the Urologist today. My last Lupron shot was May 08 meaning that I shaould have been free of the drug in Sept. 08. I was on ADT fro a total of 22 mos. My Psa has now risen from undetc. to 0.16. Testosterone is now 255 (low normal) I could have told without the test however that T has returned because of new body hair, muscle tone and less fatigue. Hot flashes are still very bothersome at night although the frequency has decreased. I will update my mentor's experience in the near future but right now I have relatives up here for my son's graduation and that's keping me running!
Take care - p (Alaska, USA)

Patrick you ask:

Is there any consensus as to how long ADT [in my case Lupron] usually remains in your system and holds down PSA readings?

The simple answer is “No.”

We are all individuals and our reaction to drugs like Lupron vary considerably, in the same way as, for example, our reaction to something like alcohol. One of the key factors that influence recovery time is the length of time that the ADT has been administered, but even then there is a considerable range of times recorded.

Terry Herbert in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS