Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incontinence procedure

Hi Paul,
thanks for that, it is encouraging to know how others go on.The thing is my Doc says I need it as I should be further on than I am. So I will bow to his experience. I just wondered if anyone had had the stimulation and if it was a big help.

thanks again.

David

Hi David

I agree. Do not rush it has only been e few weeks. As I said to you in my previous e-mail it took me nearly a year to regain 95%

You need patience friend!!!

David, I believe the electro stimulation is an effort to get the muscles to contract by electrically stimulating them (sounds straight forward doesn't it).Cynic that I am, I see this as perhaps paying for something that you can do for free(and I don't mean placing a couple of wires on your groin and plugging into the power outlet). I came across this brochure which I feel is very valuable and explains the Kegals and what they do very well.
http://www.fpclondon.com/PDF/OurVoice0404_pelvicfloor.pdf

Bill

Thanks for that Bill I have downloaded the article and will use the procedure.I will let you know how I go on with the therapy as it costs me nothing here in France.
As soon as one is declared with a life threatening illness everything is free. I look at the health service in the UK and wonder why they can't do the same. Admitted the french pay in taxes but you only have one life and they seem to find the resourse to give you every benifit.

thanks

david

Hi David, I to suggest being patient. When my cathater was removed I was like an uncotrolled open fountain. I thought I would never have control. I kept up with the excercises, went to the physical therapist and after seven weeks I am at 95% controll or better. I first got better at night. Then gradually as the day progress I got better. My biggest problem was during long walks. If you have seen improvement keep it up you can do it.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS