Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DAIRY FREE FOOD

CAN ANY ONE ADVISE ABOUT DAIRY FREE FOODS. MY HUSBAND ADORES CHEESE. WE HAVE TOTALY CHANGED OUR EATING HABITS SINCE DIAGNOSIS ALTHOUGH WE ALREADY ATE VERY HEALTHILY BUT HAVE CUT OUT ALL DAIRY PRODUCTS. WE DO NOT EAT ANY RED MEAT (NEVER HAVE MUCH ANYWAY) IS GOATS CHEESE CLASSED AS DAIRY OR IS IT PURELY COWS PRODUCTS THAT ARE DAIRY. JUST WONDERED IF GOATS CHEESE WOULD BE OK.
MANY THANKS

Re: DAIRY FREE FOOD

Jennie,
I could be 100% wrong but I believe that everything in moderation is fine. My father,brother and my self have all had prostate cancer. My dad at 58 now 73,brother at 43 now 50 and myself at 46 now 48. We all eat red meat and dairy products. I realize that many people feel that the feed given to cows is loaded with hormones and can lead to issues but the prostate cancer that is in my family is all in the genes. I would say enjoy life eat what you love in moderation whether it's having a great steak or fine piece of cheese. Enjoy!!!

Pat
Phila,Pa

Aloha Jennie,
I agree, you should be able to eat anything in moderation that you want. Apparently the only proven healthy diet that works is for your heart. Many supplements & foods that were claimed to prevent (Prostate) cancer have not kept us cancer free. There was also an article about taking Finistride(?)to prevent prostate cancer, but I was on it for some time prior to finding my very own PC. Of course I could have already had PC prior to taking it.
Enjoy Life as best you can,
Faith, Hope, & Love,
Joe

Read the book the "China Study" by T Colin Cambel. He was a reasearcher for the Dairy Industry who did the largest study on Human diet ever conducted,.
His conclusion: Red meat and Dairy are the worse foods and the main cause of most Western disease, such as heart, cancer and auto imune. A 10% or less diet of animal protien would significantly reduce the incidence of these diseases.
JohnT

I suspect that the mistake that some may make is the assumption that dairy & red meat cause P.Ca. This has not been proven to date.
Giving up these foods will not guarantee a cure either.

Nevertheless, I strongly believe that eliminating meat, dairy products & eggs will quite probably slow progression of P.Ca.
For that reason alone I am content to avoid these foods.
Whether it is the animal fat content, growth hormones or use of antibiotics in animal feeds I don't know. The possibility of slowing any progression is suffice for myself.
And if this should prove incorrect, then it is no unbearable hardship !

Regards
Rob

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS