Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Estradiol patch

Aloha Tim Keeffer,
I am sorry to hear that your current treatment is not working. And, since your doc does not agree with your hopes, perhaps he may be correct. Somehow you need to work with a doc that understands. Usually you can tell whether or not a doc has compassion and feeling for your condition. So, get that second opinion, and perhaps third opinion.
I might also suggest that you contact BHS. Have the therapist call and talk to you for a few minutes, you can tell if they are the right person, before setting an appt date. I've been lucky, the person I got, she knows, and you know that she knows. It is a very good feeling.
This particular path was not one you chose, so we just half to work with what we are given. I've found meditation (since Oct 08) to be somewhat helpful. I'm not trying to change anything, just trying to learn to live with what I've been dealt. Meds may also be recommended, they have helped me in ways that the docs and myself could not have guessed.
Faith, Hope & Love,
Joe

Re: Estradiol patch

Tim,

If you go to the SEARCH ENGINE and put estradiol into the frame you will find a number of references on site and this Forum.

You might also find it useful to mail Dr Fernando Premloli mailto:fernandopremoli@argentina.com in Argentina. He has many years of experience in the use of estradiol patches (and is very frustrated by the fact that he cannot get his studies published)

Good luck

Terry in Australia

Re: Re: Estradiol patch

Terry
Thanks for the reply I mailed Dr Premloli and he quickly responded.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS