Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Today's New Posts and Updates

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Here are today’s updates and new posts. There has been a little delay in getting them up for a number of reasons, none serious, but all time consuming. Apart from the items listed below, I have also uploaded a new page - EXPERIENCES - COUNTRY/STATE OF RESIDENCE. The development of this page, which I think will be very useful as it lists all the stories on the site by Country and/or State, was through the efforts of a Member who prefers to remain anonymous but who often posts useful and informative items on the Forum under the pseudonym of The Stranger. I have thanked him personally and now I would like to do so publically.

JOHN H - has decided on laparoscopic surgery but is concerned wbout the decision with 2 weeks to go

JAMES DONOHUE - chose laparoscopic surgery

UPDATES:

DINO BROWN sent me a long update last month – and more this month. It took me some time to edit all the information he sent me, but it is there now. I, and a number of other Yana Members were very concerned about Dino who was extremely depressed about the awful outcome of his laparoscopic surgery, especially the permanent incontinence. His update is full of good news and optimism and shows that even for the worst cases of incontinence there is some hope.

MARK PARFITT six months after surgery, his incontinence is coming under control and he has some success on the ED front

JOHN VIG - seventeen months after laparoscopic surgery and all’s well

BILL SHORT - has decided on surgery but is considering his options on the best procedure

RON CRANE - still some incontinence after his laparoscopic surgery – 100% ED

BENNIE FOY - still has Ed problems and some incontinence after his laparoscopic surgery

JOHN HEDINARE - bone metastasis and suffered spinal compression – is out of the Hospice and at home

DENIS TOMKINSON - hasn’t had a PSA test for over a year but has some good advice

IAN VAGG - still with a low PSA three and a half years after diagnosis – using ADT and natural therapies

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Today's New Posts and Updates

Terry,

Thanks. I'm always happy to help out.

The Stranger

Hi

Aloha The Stranger,
I still remember when we first heard from you. I hope you are doing better than just OK. I would like to ask how you are doing, but will understand if just OK. So much has happened, so much to learn, so much to get better at relating to our doc's, so much to say NO when we feel pressured.
Thank you for your posts & help.
Faith, Hope, & Love,
Your friend,
Joe

Re: Hi

Suddenly lost a year somehow.

Re: Hi

Joe 66 er... 67 (grin)

I just had surgery to repair an incisional hernia and am recovering from it OK. (grin) I was worried for a while because I got some fever but the Doctor said that was fairly normal during recovery and since the fever went away I seem to be doing okay now.

I'm glad to see your spirits are up these days, keep up the good work Joe.

The Stranger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS