Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Post Surgery Blood in Urine

I had blood in my urine while I had the catheter in, and then on and off for about three weeks after the catheter was removed. It was a little alarming. My surgeon's nurse said that a little blood (not a LOT of blood or big clots) in the urine was nothing to worry about , but I was unconvinced. I tried having patience and sitting longer in the bathroom - I didn't think I had been straining - and it went away.

Robotic surgery was the right choice for me, with it's quicker recovery time, but it also gave me the feeling life was getting back to normal quicker. It's still MAJOR surgery and your body needs time and rest to heal. I put patience back in my recovery program, and things worked out great.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Charles No,
USA.

Re: Re: Post Surgery Blood in Urine

Thanks Charles...its cleared up this morning. Anytime theres blood where it shouldn't be it is upsetting.

Re: Post Surgery Blood in Urine

I didn't have surgery - only a TURP - but was very surprised when I shot out a blood clot and some blood about six weeks after the procedure.

By chance I was in my urologist's office later that day (delivering some maerial for his newly diagnosed patients) and saw his partner. I asked him if it was anything to worry about and his response was "No, that can happen for months afterwards."

I bit my tongue, but wondered why a simple bit of informaiton like that couldn't be shared before it caused concer, rather than afterwards.

All the best

Terry

Re: Re: Post Surgery Blood in Urine

Interesting Terry....the bleeding started again last night...at 5 am I got up to pee and I was shocked! While straining a bit because the urine would not flow, a clot ( I think ) came out..it shocked the hell out of me! You are right..a little better communicating this stuff is in order.

Ron

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS