Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The "New" Prostate Cancer InfoLink

I don't know how many of you have come across this site, which was started up last year. I personally find navigation a little difficult, but that may be my age! It certainly has a good deal of useful information and discussions.

Mike Scott regularly posts news items, with comments, on HOME PAGE – THE “NEW” PROSTATE CANCER INFOLINK and I think many of you will find some of them of interest in your acquisition of information.

Yesterday the following items were added:

-- The latest from Dana Jennings …
-- The daily news update: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 (including items on 5-ARIs and other preventive agents; expansion of patient eligibility for an Ablatherm HIFU trial; osteoprotegerin in development and progression of bone metastases; and chemo-immunotherapy for treatment of metastatic disease)
-- Article on “over-diagnosis” may help to JUSTIFY screening
-- The accuracy of the the Kattan prostate nomogram prognostic data

I'll be posting the notices of additions to the site as and when I receive them.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: The "New" Prostate Cancer InfoLink

I'm with Terry.

So much of what you Google on any topic is just a writer's take on a research paper.

Mike Scott's posts are a great way both to learn and to stay current. They include links to at least summaries of the source material, so you can get the information more directly.

If you like the kind of information you read there, UroToday - http://www.urotoday.com/ - is another good source of information.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS