Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Austin/Houston Laparoscopic Prostatectomy Surgeons

Hi,
I'm 47 and just diagnosed with T1c prostate cancer. I've decided to have a laparoscopic prostatectomy as my treatment course.
If you have had, or will have a laparoscopic prostatectomy by any of the following surgeons, can you please related your experience? Or if you can recommend an Austin or Houston Texas area surgeon, I would be very greatful.
Randy Fagin
David Cuellar
Koushik Shaw
Peter Ruff
John W. Davis

Re: Austin/Houston Laparoscopic Prostatectomy Surgeons

Tom,

I don't know how many responses you will get on this, but you can in the meanwhile go along to the SITE SEARCH ENGINE and enter, individually, the names of the doctors. You will find that a number of the men who have shared their stories have had dealings with Dr Fagin - and some of the others.

You can then contact these men.

Good luck with your surgery

Terry in Australia

Google Kevin Slawin. He did my open RP only because I did not qualify for Laproscopic. If I had it to do over, I would choose him again. I am now 2 years with no PSA rise on Stage IV PCa. I will send web sites if you need them.

Contact me with any questions.

He is also preparing to start a Clinical Trial on Immune Therapy for those with AIPC. I can answer more questions about that.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,
I'm 47 and just diagnosed with T1c prostate cancer. I've decided to have a laparoscopic prostatectomy as my treatment course.
If you have had, or will have a laparoscopic prostatectomy by any of the following surgeons, can you please related your experience? Or if you can recommend an Austin or Houston Texas area surgeon, I would be very greatful.
Randy Fagin
David Cuellar
Koushik Shaw
Peter Ruff
John W. Davis

Tom,
I can highly recommend Dr. Kevin Slawin in Houston. I am seventeen months past surgery. Truely feel that my outcome would not be as it is had my wife not found this outstanding surgeon on line. Presurgery stats: PSA 4.1, Gleason 3+4=7, Positive DRE, age 56
Post surgery: T3aNoMx,Negative Margin however ECE and PIN, 3+4=7 gleason. Constant Post Surgery PSA of .004 go back in May. Every where I went in the medical center employees would tell me that Dr. Slawin was who did their father, brother or uncle. I thank my heavenly Father -"the Great Physician" - who used this talented doctor to help me. I would be happy to answer questions. David

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS