Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PC by the NUMBERS

Aloha,
Ever wonder why you do not find very many other men with PC that is similar to your PC?
Assume seven different factors (you can see where I'm going here).
1. AGE, say 40 to 80 years
2. PSA Agressive/Not Agressive (choice of 2)
3. PSA, say 5 to 20 (anyone with a greater PSA just makes it more complicated)
4. Positive Biopsy Samples, 1 to 12
5. Reading the Biopsy Samples (any one's guess, pick a number)
6. Percent of biopsy core that is cancer (for simplicity let us use the number 20 - as in 1 to 5 = 1, and 6 to 10 = 2, and so on to 96 to 100 = 20)
7. Gleson Score 2 to 10
So, this is before you even throw in the different treatments and what treatment you choose is sorta limited to what these seven variations end up as.
OK, so if you multiply these numbers together you get
Big number, which does not include the number 5 assumption.
So, you have less than 1 in 115,000 chance of having the same PC parameters as another man.
I know, I left out your physical shape. People in better shape tend to do better during & after treatment, but that is another story/numbers case. Best wishes to all,
Faith, Hope, & Love,
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS