Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: A Sad Tale

I note that you had a tiger removed. May I ask your initial gleason, psa and staging.My husband has a tiger of a gleason 9 psa 93.5 stage t3b. He has been told there is not a surgeon in the uk who would operate on him. When did you have your surgery.Many thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Sad Tale

Hi Jennie,

My "tiger" wasn't as bad as your husbands. My PSA was 2.6, Gleason 4+3. No extra prostatic extensions and clear margins after RP. Staging was upgraded after surgery to T2c. Advice I received (finally) was that the cancer was not one to leave alone, that it would spread eventually. Since PC killed my father after extensive treatment, I did not want to take the chance.

I suppose I should post my story here on YANA

Re: Re: Re: A Sad Tale

MVC,

Good catch, thanks for your reply. This shows you can't necessarily trust any source. I went to the ACS website and after reading what they said it bears out your comment.

The ACS 2008 estimates
186,320 new cases of PCa in the US
28,660 men in the US will die of PCa
Which is 15.38%

I agree, we need more research and better educated doctors on prostate cancer. Hopefully you're doing well and will continue to do well.

The Stranger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS