Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loosing Confidence

Hi Jim
I was reading your story and just had to reply to say don't give up or loose confidence. I was just 8 weeks pro surgery when I was given the news of a PSA @ 10.8. It was better than 159.0, but still a big hit. Almost all of my treatment has been at the University of Washington and in my opinion been the best thing that ever happened to me since the original diagnosis. The U of W is a health care facility/educational institution has provided me with very sound advice and treatment. In the meantime, I have have found that you can only change so much through this journey with prostate cancer. There are things a person can't change, so that person must accept what changes are taking place, no matter if you like it or not. Anyone person that doesn't understand this, hasn't had this happen to them yet to understand what I'm trying to convey. There are little things in life that don't seem important until you loose them without you having any decision or say so in the matter. As far as treatment, I've only had the radical prostate surgery, but will be doing ADT and Radiation for a follow up treatment. I'm not looking forward to it, but its the decision I made. I'm not sure if this helped, but keep your head up and go by your gut feeling.

God Bless
J

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS