Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Proposal To Ignore Pussycat Prostate Cancer

I just ran across an interesting article.

Article Date: 06 Dec 2008

A Proposal To Ignore Pussycat Prostate Cancer

Re: A Proposal To Ignore Pussycat Prostate Cancer

To me, the meat of the article is:
"There is a real need to find a way of diagnosing the tigers, without finding the pussycats. Scans using diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may have the potential to fulfill this need..."

I see the ability to reliably image small PCa tumors as about the highest priority task in the PCa world, but diffusion-weighted MRI may or may not fill the bill. If they could accurately and reliably image small PCa tumors, then they could: screen early, watch the tumors - and the first time one as much as twitched - freeze it or burn it with focal cryo or HIFU.

The current 12-needle transrectal biopsy is being used about like a trip wire by most urologist. Earlier or lower PSA screening mostly results in more men being diagnosed whom you don't know whether or not to treat. It would only make the strange land stranger, Stranger.

Re: Re: A Proposal To Ignore Pussycat Prostate Cancer

Steve Z,

Yes... I agree with you 100 percent.

The Stranger

Re: Re: Re: A Proposal To Ignore Pussycat Prostate Cancer

It will be interesting to see what the results of the trial turn out to be - http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00561314

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS