Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
feel AdVance male sling?

I had the AdVance male sling implanted 11 days ago. Since then I haven't leaked a drop or needed a pad.

My question revolves around feeling the sling. I noticed that with my hand if I feel my underside behind my scrotum (just in front of the front end of the main surgical site), I can feel something hard under the skin. I guess that must be the sling? For some reason I expected it to be further inside of me. Also, I feel discomfort when sitting on something hard; I'm hoping that will go away over time.

Anyway, I was wondering if others who had the same sling procedure can also feel the sling.

Thanks in advance.

Re: feel AdVance male sling?

Was the sling put in place post surgery and or treatment. I was wondering, since we have a local Urologist who performs the Da Vinci and places a sling during the operation to help urinary control.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I had the AdVance male sling implanted 11 days ago. Since then I haven't leaked a drop or needed a pad.

My question revolves around feeling the sling. I noticed that with my hand if I feel my underside behind my scrotum (just in front of the front end of the main surgical site), I can feel something hard under the skin. I guess that must be the sling? For some reason I expected it to be further inside of me. Also, I feel discomfort when sitting on something hard; I'm hoping that will go away over time.

Anyway, I was wondering if others who had the same sling procedure can also feel the sling.

Thanks in advance.

Re: feel AdVance male sling?

William,

I had the Da Vinci prostatectomy performed 21 months ago. I have had no further treatment since the prostatectomy other than getting PSA tests, which have all yielded undetectable.

Since the prostatectomy, I have leaked. It was bad at first but tapered off to where I was at for the last year up until the sling procedure. Basically I didn't leak when sitting or sleeping, but had moderate leakage when active. Since the sling I've had no leakage.

Still wondering if it's normal to be able to feel the sling.

Thanks!
Arden

Replying to:

Was the sling put in place post surgery and or treatment. I was wondering, since we have a local Urologist who performs the Da Vinci and places a sling during the operation to help urinary control.

Replying to:

Thanks in advance.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS