Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Johns Hopkins

Does anyone have any advice relative to Johns Hopkins? I'm scheduled for RLP with Dr. Partin. Any comments pro or con would be appreciated.

Re: Johns Hopkins

Aloha Mike,

Sorry no one has answered your query, Johns Hopkins sounds and reads like a very good place from what I see. I'm on their mailing list for several topics.

I would hope that you did get a second & third reading of your biopsy and that you are not being pushed into treatment that you may not need.

If you feel you must get treatment, how many times has Dr. Partin performed the RLP? I would hope, hundreds of times, if not, try someone else. If you have met with him, what are your feelings toward the doc? Good, bad, indifferent? Please take your time with any choice, you and your partner must have confidence in your choice and the person performing the treatment.

Faith, Hope, & Love,
Joe

Re: Johns Hopkins

Mike,

That's a pretty broad question you're asking. Johns Ho[kins has a reputation of being an excellent hospital with some of the best surgeons (including Dr Partin) - can you be a bit mmore specific in what you want to know?

If you go to the Search Engine in the Website and enter Johns Hopkins you should get a coupe of links to Mentors stories and you could contact them

Good luck

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS