Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insurance for biopsy?

Hi. I am Bill, 68, from Colorado USA. This questions would be only for USA citizens with Medicare health care. My PSA has risen and I see my urologist on March 2. My health coverage is Medicare with AARP Medicare Complete which is a HMO. Does anyone know how a health plan covers a possible prostate biopsy? And looking ahead to the possibility of treatments how does insuarnce cover either surgery or radiation treatments? I would like some info if I might be wise to change insurance coverage. Thank You.

Re: Insurance for biopsy?

When I had my biopsies two years ago I had Medicare & BCBS. Between the two I paid nothing out of my pocket. Depending on the terms of your AARP insurance though you may have to pay a small amount of co-pay. I would check with AARP to find out. When I subsequently had surgery I again paid nothing out of my pocket.

Re: Insurance for biopsy?

My United Health plan paid for my Da Vinci, 2 biopsies, 2 bone scans, 2 CT scans, a prostascint scan, lots of bloodwrk and the subsequent radiation/ADT 100%. I really cleaned up on that deal. I got almost $200,000 worth of treatment for free.

Paul A. USA

Re: Re: Insurance for biopsy?

I am sorry but I do not know what BCBS stands for. Thank You.

Re: Re: Re: Insurance for biopsy?

Bill,

BCBS... Stands for Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The Stranger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS