Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Pathology second opinion

Thanks for the reply. I am 52 years old.

Ourlab diagnostics of the slides in question stated: "The slides do not show the presence of basal cells and is suggestive of malignancy. However there is neither enough cytologic or architechtural abnormality for a definitive malignant diagnosis. Repeat biopsy is suggested if clinically indicated."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

William,

Only you can decide what's right for you but I'll add my thoughts to the others. If Jon Oppenheimer said your biopsy only contained atypical cells and not cancer I'd definitely get another opinion, and Jon Epstein would be a good person to get it from. You didn't mention your age so I'd be interested in knowing that if you don't mind.

The only thing I'll say for sure is do your research because the thoughts on treatment and no treatment is huge and splits the horizon on prostate cancer wide open.

Some prostate cancers are aggressive and need treatment quickly, but from what you've been told by your Doctors so far, your's isn't. So it looks like you have plenty of time for research which will not affect your treatment success rate if you go that path. But of course only you and your Doctor can decide that, we can only give general opinions.

The Stranger ( USA )

Re: Re: Re: Pathology second opinion

William,

Thanks. I'm 61. The report definitely makes you wonder what's going on and I think if I wanted treatment I'd get a second biopsy or at least more definitive answers on the one you have. There's guys that had more than one biopsy and then were told they didn't have prostate cancer, it's a tough call when things aren't solid, and that looks like where you are. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I'm a Christian so I'll pray for you.

The Stranger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS