Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our drugs used as warfare on PCa~various types-usages, some newer

LHRH (ADT), standard hormone blockage drugs:
Lupron, Zoladex, Viadur, Trelstar, ELigard, Abarelix, Buserelin, Nafarelin, Acetate, Degarelix (new and non-flare LHRH)

The anti-androgens:
casodex, eulexin, niladron (can be effective also in sequencing and getting responses)

(5-alpha reductase- blockers of DHT): avodart, proscar

Estrogenic drugs: DES (man made estrogen-no patents), estradiol patches (Vivelle, Climara etc.), emcyt (estramusine), PC Spes, Honvan, estradurin, estraderm patch, stilphosterol

(Newer drugs some in trials still): Xinlay, Taraceva, Gleevec, Prostvac-VF, Astrasentan, Ertinolib, Vitaxin, ZD4054, Provenge, Ixabepilone, Gvac, Velcade, Calcitriol, Iressa, KOS-862, Satraplatin, Gemzar

Abiraterone acetate (phase III-looks promising), Alpharadin, Apatone, Cox-2 inhibitors and NSAIDS, sulindac, exisulind, IMC-A12, Ixempra, epothilone, MDV3100(super casodex), Noscapine, phenoxodiol, quadramet, valproic acid, provenge (vaccines),

ketoconazole(2nd line hormone drug use), nizoral

Chemo or chemotherics: taxotere, taxol, taxane, 5-fu, adriamycin, novantrone, velban, navelbine, etoposide, mitomycin-C,

(steroids used): decadron, hexdrol, hydrocortisone, prednisone
(prolactin inhibitors): dostinex, bromocriptine
(selective blocker of adrenal androgens) cytadren
(other stuff) megace, thalidomide(dangerous), revlamid, cytoxan, luekine, dexamethasone
predisone, triamcinolone, aminoglutethimide, sunitinib, aptosyn

This is not necessarily all possible drugs used within the war on PCa, this is why onco-docs are needed, to figure out which, when, how much, the benefits, risks, rewards, side effects, pricing, etc. There are some newer drugs coming (listed above)that appear to be beneficial, some are supposed to be here between now and 2010 for making FDA approval, it is being said.

-I'm tired of thinking of all these drugs, but it is warfare on PCa and patients are looking for answers.

You will realize that even for an informed onco-doc or PCa onco-doc this is an omnious amount of possible use methodologies to be used on patients, especially with selective needs, issues, histology and such. Most uro-docs use the norm of LHRH (types), casodex (types) maybe even proscar or avodart and usually that is the end of their list*.

I do not know much on these drugs other than: ADT3 combo, and some on the estrogenics (I have used such).

Dx-2002 bPsa 46.6 12/12 biop. all were 80-90%, gleasons 7,8,9's ct & bone scans showed clear (my story is herein mentors/experiences Rob Parsons) current psa is .36 (2009)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (zufus) : 2/14/2009 3:28:54 AM (GMT-7)

Re: Our drugs used as warfare on PCa~various types-usages, some newer

I think I missed a few more and will add them, but this is not all possibilities yet either.

Tamoxiphen, Mitoxantrone

finasteride

(radio active)- strontium, smarium

(immunotherapies)- dendritic cells, monoclonal antibodies

Maybe someone else has some to add to the list of useful drugs, I did not even mention the herbal stuff yet.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS