Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hifu mindwarp trivia from planet earth

The stream and the volume slowly increases but drinking lots of water, in my case I was drinking about 3 to 3.5 liters; way more than I was expected, but according to the HIFU doctor it would preventing any infection and I suspect it would also help bring the flow back. When I discovered that I was drinking too much and reduced the amount of water to the 1.5 liters my flow was good. It was the frequency that was the problem and that was corrected with the decrease in the amount of water consumed. My suggestion would be to increase the amount of water you consume. It will not hurt anything and it may help get the flow back sooner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hifu mindwarp trivia from planet earth

Brian had at long last his supra-pubic catheter removed last Thursday, 7 weeks from the date of the hifu treatment, ouf! The doctors checked with a camera and ultrasound that there were no obstructions and were satisfied that there weren't. He has been given and shown how to use pre-lubricated urethral intermittent catheters but doesn't seem able to manage, he tells me it is painful to insert. I suggested he'd go to visit his GP but to no avail. Consequently, he gets up every 2 hours at night to void and every 2 to 3 hours during the day. Is this likely to improve with time? He may be drinking too much fluid during the day. Your thoughts are usual are welcome. Kind regards,
Frankie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The stream and the volume slowly increases but drinking lots of water, in my case I was drinking about 3 to 3.5 liters; way more than I was expected, but according to the HIFU doctor it would preventing any infection and I suspect it would also help bring the flow back. When I discovered that I was drinking too much and reduced the amount of water to the 1.5 liters my flow was good. It was the frequency that was the problem and that was corrected with the decrease in the amount of water consumed. My suggestion would be to increase the amount of water you consume. It will not hurt anything and it may help get the flow back sooner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hifu mindwarp trivia from planet earth

The biggest question is "how much water is he drinking?" He should be down to about 48 ounces a day. When they removed the suprapubic catheter was he able to urinate through the penis so that there was only 100 ml or less in the bladder which was emptied through the catheter? How many weeks or months has it been since he had his procedure?
I know in my case I was up several times about 4 which was about every two hours during the night to urinate. I could only hold about 150ml. Reducing your intake of water during the day to the 48 ounces and taking no water after supper will help with the getting up during the night. This information was given to me by the HIFU nurse that help me extensively when I had the problems after the treatment. I am now approaching 1 year after my treatment and now, I only get up at night twice like before the treatment. My voided volume was 200 to 250 ml. I talked to my urologist and he prescripted Dom-Oxybutynin 5mg to calm the bladder with the result that my voided volume has increased to 300 ml at times and once 400ml. There are times during the day that I feel that I have to go maybe 2 hours or so after I went before. This is getting better and I can stop the sensation and so prolong the interval between urinations. I hope this will help.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS