Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Experience with surgery in Denver area?

I had my surgery in San Diego over a year ago, so I can't advise about hospitals. I have recently moved to Denver and have been impressed with the care at The Urology Center of Colorado (www.TUCC.com) I would recommend Dr. Stephen Ruyle or Dr. Mark Jones for a consultation/second opinion.

Re: Experience with surgery in Denver area?

Hi Bob,

My father and I are both under the care of the Urological Oncology Center at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. My surgery was three months ago with one of the doctors who was recommended by all of the doctors with whom I consulted - Dr. E. David Crawford.

UCHSC is also performing a somewhat experimental treatment there called focal-cryo. This is the treatment that Steve Z. from Maine travelled to Denver to undergo. I had originally leaned towards that option, but changed my mind (and Steve ended up with my surgery timeslot).

At this point I still am struggling with continence and my ED is quite profound (I lost the left-side nerve bundles to scar tissue from all my prior biopsies), but it is still early. The first PSA came back as undetectable and everyone feels that the cancer is not likely to recur.

Jeff

Re: Re: Experience with surgery in Denver area?

Jeff - I had robotic surgery last December performed by Dr. James Fagelson of Urology Associates. It went extremely well and my recovery has been pretty smooth. I highly recommend either Dr. Fagelson or Dr. Ted Eigner from the same practice. They operate out of either Porter, Swedish or SkyRidge. My surgery was done at Porter and the hospital was excellent. The only other surgeon I interviewed was Dr. Paul Maroni at the University Hospital in Denver. He was a great guy but still into his learning curve (a student of Crawford). Fagelson has done more than 400. Send me an email with any other specific questions.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS