Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Good Things

Contary to what most men say, I know that being dxed with PCa 12 years ago was one of the most positive things that had happened to me. It made me take stock of where I was going, what I could do for myself and what I wanted from life
I changed my life style, became healthy (besides the cancer),I learned to live one day at the time. I realized that one could close doors and open new ones with new opertunities.I learned to come to terms with ED.This was a big one as my wife and I separated soon after RP(PCa was not the reason)To start courting at the age of 61 was hard enough, with ED things were more difficult! I learned that one did not need a big stiff dick to be a sexual athlete. I learned to appreciate the importance of physical contact which might not end with penetration or an orgasm.
I found that I wanted to help others in a similar position. I helped establish the second support group in Israel, set up a web site, both in Hebrew and English. Have founded The Living with Prostate Foundation.
Pca gave me the oppertunity to make contact with people from all over the world.
To-day I am very objective about whom I am and where I want to go. I have learned to live with the cancer and am not afraid of it.
My story appears on the Mentors list as well as www.Shalomprostate.co.il
To-morrow will be as good as to-day

Lenny Hirsch
Israel

Re: Good Things

No relatives on the big island, but if they will have me....I will come home to that weather anyday. If I were wealthy the Carribean or Hawaii would be high on my list as great place to enjoy life.

Lenny yeah you and I have communicated before, good thing you are doing. Luckily I don't seem to have the gynecomastia thing happening, I did the breast radiation thing, it was easy and no complications years later, so it seemed alright. But, for others the drug route to combat such is an easy option and would cost less.

Re: Good Things

Aloha from Southern California Joe! Please read my mentor story. Anyways, I dropped 22 pounds due to a radical diet change. Dave

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS