Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: horseback riding

Well, I was able to resume riding my dirt bike 6 months after my daVinci procedure. No problems what so ever!! I wore a thin pad the first few times, but do not need one any longer. I am very pleased with the procedure and outcome. (My surgeon had done over 400 procedures)

Wow Paul unreal that such things happen, would you care to mention what happened, I know I would listen. Also, perhaps that law firm is affilated with the docs or has a brother whom is a doc, you never know about politics. I would get a second opinion from another law firm, there is a law firm that specializes in PCa patient issues and I heard they have won cases. It used to called accesswatch or such, maybe google searching would help.
I try to tell people to be ware of docs in general, atleast be skeptical and ask alot of them questions, this is why.

Not wanting to start any firestorms, but patients have to realize the total fight of PCa is for us on many fronts.

Re: Re: horseback riding

Bob,
Two law firms refused my case. The one I mentioned specializes in medical work and they even have one lawyer who is familiar with prostate cases. You would think that failing to remove all of the gland would be actionable; especillay sisnce the doc didn't give me the choice of open or the robot because he needed more patients on the robot to gain experience. This just makes me more depressed.

Paul A, USA

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis.

If you were diagnosed with low risk cancer - Gleason 6, PSA <10, stage 1, etc. all treatments are open to you. While having the whole thing out is likely to provide the most cure, it is probably the most likely to leave you with continence issues. Many men suffer from stress incontinence afterward where jolts cause some urine loss.

If you are low risk, you have time to explore all your options. I suspect a dedicated horseback rider might find other treatments better suited to his lifestyle. Surveillance is an option as well.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS