Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burned Rectum/Mind

Woke up this morning and realized that the biggest problem that I have is trying to tell the docs what is happening to me and only two or three can say to my face is "I do not know". I've been complaining about this colitis since EBRT/IMRT (Oct 07). When a staple came loose (hemorrhoid surgery), my PCP took a look and said that tissue looks very red & angry. After several visits with surgery docs, they told me to take more fiber. Finally in Sept 08 a doc said you have radiation induced colitis. Then used a Ag laser to stop the bleeding. Ok, it is Jan 09, still bleeding & setting up appt for next laser treatment.
My mind is not handling this very well, my appts with BHS therapist are only 45 min, and sometimes more than three weeks apart. Very frustrating.
Did not like the BHS doc monitoring my meds, and asked my PCP to do it. When I tell her I'm depressed, she does something.
Joe

Re: Burned Rectum/Mind

That's a good reason for having a team, oncologist, physicologist, radiation oncologist and the good old family doctor. When you have an electrical problem would you call a plumber.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS