Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pain in shoulder.

Chris: I would seriously doubt with a confined G6 your shoulder discomfort has anything to do with the PCa, in particular your ability to relieve the pain without any medication. I recall after my RP my hips and lower back became a concern and after checking with the surgeon it was a matter of spending too much time in a reclined position however by increasing walking every day really helped. Remember you are still not 100% yet and in my case it took me a good 6-7 months.

Jack
Pennsylvania

Aloha Chris,
PC bone mets would not act up so quickly. You are less than four months out.
Joe

I had severe right shoulder pains post-RRP (GS 4+3) which took a couple of months to go away.

Nurse who attended to me post-op thought it could be gas induced referred pains.

The surgeon thought it could be caused by stress on shoulder during the Op as the body was inclined with shoulder resting on pads.

My doctor reckoned it could be caused by poor handling from trolley bed to op table while I was under GA.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS