Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bone and Cat scans before RP

Hi, just came From the Dr.s my GP does my blood work, still undetectable 15 mo.s out after robotic My question is everyone I speak with had a Bone and cat scan prior to RP. I did not have one Should they have sent me for one or is it common that some people do not have these tests before RP

Re: Bone and Cat scans before RP

G’day murdock

It is unusual for doctors not to call for a bone scan and a CAT scan after a PCa diagnosis, but a number of leading authorities regard these tests as a waste of money in most cases and feel that there are better test, not used, to gain a better picture of the disease at that stage.

The reason for this thinking is that the chance of the disease having spread outside the gland and being large enough to be identified correctly by these scans is as close to zero as you can get in a disease with no rules.

In my opinion, you have nothing to worry about, especially in the light of the excellent outcome of your therapy.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS