Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Upcoming Robotic surgery

That will teach me to read the post more carefully.......I didn't notice that the opening post was dated last October. Mind you I still stand by what I said.
"Elbert West"
...........recovery from Da Vinci in most cases is pretty quick. In my case I was up and about the day after surgery, home in 48 hours, catheter out in six days. Lightly chipping golf balls after 3 weeks and back playing golf at 6 weeks. I kept my business closed for 8 weeks though as some of my work often involved heavy lifting. Good luck with the op,
Bill

Re: Upcoming Robotic surgery

Good luck with your op, Elbert. With a positive attitude like yours you will do well.

You must remember though, that you are going to have MAJOR surgery and a powerful anasthetic. Your job is mostly mental, sedentary work it seems from what you say, and so perhaps you will be able to work from home quite soon after.

However do not be surprised if you just do not feel like doing a darn stroke. You will have a catheter and bag for at least the first week. You may not sleep the whole night through and therefore doze lots during the day either in bed or the easy chair. You may feel very weak. You may feel psychologically fragile.

I suggest you schedule the first week off completely and leave even week 2 and possibly 3, open-ended. Advise your work colleagues that you will have to play it by ear. I also work from home, and it seems I was making phone calls and arranging things to do with my business during the first 2 weeks - only to discover later that I did not remember what I had done.

Ted from England

Re: Re: Upcoming Robotic surgery

Excellent info and excellent advice. Thank you.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS