Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hickups and bloating

I just had robotic surgery on Monday Dec. 29th 2008 and was in an extra day due to high amount of drainage and then kidney function cutting way back. After getting home on Thurs. evening I have experienced some bloating and trouble keeping food down. Also I have had the most hiccups I have ever had. Nothing serious or severe but never this often. After all the draining (they kept me on IV fluid almost constant)they cut me off cold turkey and I kinda dried up. That's when the kidney function messed up and the wouldn't let me eat or drink again in case they had to operate again. I think my system was just shocked from all the sudden changes.
Thanks everyone for all the advice given here.
Ben from USA.

Re: hickups and bloating

Ben, I was just reading your post and figured I would pass off something I learned concerning the hiccups. I had RP surgery w/removal of the seminal vesicles, bladder repair, and removal of about 40 lymph nodes on December 17th, 2008. When I was in the hospital for recovery, I came down with hiccups very bad and it hurt so severe in the abdominal area you couldn't imagine. Finally the nurse gave me some medication to stop the hiccups. It worked and definitely helped curb the pain. I just didn't have one instance, so I was able to try the medication multiple times.

Currently I still have abdominal drains and a catheter in after 21 days. I'm experiencing different symptoms, but can say that the surgery does make your body do weird things. It took me about 12-14 days before I could really eat a decent meal. Still at 21 days, on occasion I have some problems with different foods not tasting well at all.

I hope recovery is getting better for you. Recovery is a very difficult thing, but it's not as bad as the first time hearing the word Cancer.
John

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS