Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thoughts about Thoughts

OK, no bites.
This is one of several books recommended by my BHS therapist. I have read it once, and I need to read it again. It is saying that our problems come from within us and that if we can quiet/calm ourselves, we could hear answers to our questions about our lives. We all have a bunch of thoughts bombarding our mind (the five senses + a very active mind). Our reactions to these bombarding thoughts are based on our internal data base of experience (you know, see stop sign, we stop). What Jack Pransky is saying (my inturpratation) is that there are two levels of music playing in our minds. The first is a loud one that we react to imediately (like STOP, or slug him). The second is a much quieter, flute like, bearly heard tune that is somehow based on an inner energy/data base that everyone has access too and it can provide us with the correct answers. Now, I find this hard to believe, but when I have a problem that I can not answer, and put it aside, I usually get an answer later. Like after a nap, or sleep.
So if we can change how we think we will react to that stream of bombarding thoughts, then we can change how we feel.
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS