Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Crying from hormone shots

If you put ADT into a general search engine - like Google, you'll get almost 9.5 million hits, many of them about a security company.

Better to go to HORMONE THERAPY and save yourself a good deal of searching. That's what the site is for.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Crying from hormone shots

I have been on hormones (Lupron) for 5 months. The sense of being easily tearfull (labile) is diminishing. Your medical situation while probobly not fatal is naturally depressing. I take small dose of medication for this, it helps. There are all kinds of nursing homes. Some very GOOD. Educate yourself, talk to and/or hire a patient advocate, a friend who is a nurse/or CNA. Be involved. Death is the end of life. Enjoy yours, nourish your mother and especially yourself (eat good/smart, social relationships ,spiritual). Been there, Larry

YOUR CRYING FROM ADT IS QUITE NORMAL. I EXPERIENCED THE SAME REACTION AS HAVE MANY MEN IN MY SUPPORT GROUP, AND IT HAPPENS AT TIMES FOR NO APPARENT REASON.
I HAD TWO LUPRON SHOTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH MY IMRT BUT HOPE TO NEVER HAVE IT AGAIN. I FOUND THE SIDE EFFECTS DIFFICULT TO TOLERATE. IF MY PSA BEGINS TO SKYROCKET,I PLAN TO FOLLOW THE SUGGESTION OF DR PATRICK WALSH FROM JOHNS HOPKINS WHO ADVOCATES NOT TAKING ADT UNTIL SYMPTOMS APPEAR. THERE IS MORE DETAIL IN HIS BOOK 'GUIDE TO SURVIVING PROSTATE CANCER' BUT BASICALLY HIS POSITION IS "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT STARTING HORMONE THERAPY NOW, AS OPPOSED TO LATER, WILL PROLONG LIFE".
PATRICK
CAPE COD

Re: Crying from hormone shots

I know exactly what you are going through. I'll pitch my remedy: therapy. During my ADT/radiation I had to see a therapist. I would cry at the drop of a hat. This continued for quite a while after the treatments stopped. Ask your docs if they have an on-staff therapist or clinical social worker (most do). Have a few sessions and see if you don't feel better. You may not stop crying but you won't feel so bad when you do.

Paul A. RI, USA

I cried so long and hard that I went in to deep depression, now I see a therapist regulary, everyone of us should, what we are going thru is mind bogolling

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I know exactly what you are going through. I'll pitch my remedy: therapy. During my ADT/radiation I had to see a therapist. I would cry at the drop of a hat. This continued for quite a while after the treatments stopped. Ask your docs if they have an on-staff therapist or clinical social worker (most do). Have a few sessions and see if you don't feel better. You may not stop crying but you won't feel so bad when you do.

Paul A. RI, USA

Hey Ya'll,

In a macabre way comforting to know I'm not the only one. Last time, before this nonsense, I can remember crying was when my father died in '78. Now I cry watching Tide commercials.
Can not control it. I'm on ADT (lupron) - Zytiga - pregnisone and radiated daily for past month.

Also keep about 4 pillows and sheets next to my bed at night. As I soak them and wake up I toss the pillows grab a dry one. Wake up exhausted and usually depressed. Stopped looking forward to the day ahead 4 years ago.. Haven't found a good solution for night sweats yet. Will not take sleep aids. Also grown boobs and a belly. Apparently, looking forward to brittle bones and heart problems. I'm 54, stage 4.

Best,

Dean

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Paul A. RI, USA

Not sure if all the side effects and poor Quality of Life is worth it. I guess so, dead is for a long, long time. I have 2 kids and a wife who depend on me otherwise I don't think I'd go this route.

All the best,

Dean Gudmundson

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS