Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cosmetic surgery

Paul A,

Thanks for sharing the results look great. I'm curious, is the results what you were before the Lupron shots or somewhere in between? Not that it matters, just curious.

The Stranger

Re: Re: Cosmetic surgery

I was nowhere near as chubby before the Lupron shots. The Lupron really added bulges. I was able to get rid of some of the weight gain with exercise but I had hit a wall and I wanted all of it gone. The end result is better than just prior to the shots.

Paul A.

Re: Re: Re: Cosmetic surgery

Paul A,

Thanks. It certainly looked like you were plenty fit before the Lupron but I was curious to know the whole story.

The Stranger

Re: Cosmetic surgery

Paul A: "My therapist says that I'm making improvements in areas where I am able to in order to compensate...."

I think that is an excellent point. I have noticed in lots of posts recently more guys talking about the emotional and psychological downsides to surgery (or to any intervention really). The doctors are usually so glib. Mine said I would be "winged" for about a year. Well it's about 18 months now and this boy's wings sure aint flapping!

Well done for sharing the emotional side (like Joe in Hawaii). Your weight and appearance were an issue for you, and I think it's great that you dealt with it. I think we would all feel better if we address the issues we are able to address in improving our lives post medical interventions. There are so many others we can do nothing about and just have to accept.

Have a great Christmas with your new body, mate!

Ted from England

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS