Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: treatment options after adt powered drop from 90 to 1

Hi Larry,

Like you, I had a high PSA (182), but no spread to bones or lymph nodes.
However, my tumor was a very scary T4.

My urologist considered Zoladex (Lupron) to be my only option, but luckily I got a good oncologist who put me onto 37 radiotherapy treatments once the hormone therapy had reduced the size of the tumor(5 months after diagnosis).

The combination worked incredibly well for me. I was able to stop the hormone treatment after 30 months of it and have now had no cancer meds at all in almost 15 months. My PSA remains stable at around the 1.0 level. The surge I had feared just never happened.

Very best wishes,

George

England

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS