Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Publication of A Strange Place

Thank you for your kind words, George. I feel a bit bad about having a 9 year lead on you - not sure I'll be around still when you hit your 20 year target - 84 still sems quite old to me - but that may be because I'm not 83 yet!! You'll recall the old joke "Who on earth wants to live to 90?" "The person aged 89"

All the best

Terry

Thank You All

I just wanted to thank all you good folk who sent such valuable input about the first version of my booklet. Working as a committee of one has some advantages, but it can also lead to a pretty one eyed focus on some issues.

I was hoping to get down to printing this week, being a bit cocky about how good the first version was, but my pride has had to take second place: -) and now we have vistirs arriving tomorrow evening, for four days, so I have run out of time this week.

I have put a pdf version of the booklet as it is now – substantially improved, I think – but no doubt with some errors – I have just thought of one – because I just haven’t had time to check it right through. It is here A STRANGE PLACE and if any of you want to download it and make any final comments, that’d be fine by me.

One other point. Have any of you any ideas how to get the word out to try and ensure that people who might benefit from this publication – the newly diagnosed and their supporters - get it when they need it most – when they have heard the crushing news of the diagnosis.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Thank You All

Terry, there is one additional comment I would like to make. I looked at the beginning of this site and pressed the "don't panic button" but I could not find this pamphlet anywhere in those 6 pages. Might I suggest that you place it promenantly on that first page after the button is pressed as well as include it on your home page. As everyone has already pointed out that it is such an important and well written document for newly diagnosed men that it should be almost the first thing they see. Make sure to clearly identify it as a basic information source. This would help so many to quickly overcome the fear and anxiety from being told that they have prostate cancer.

I realize that the six pages of the introduction has alot of the same information plus additional information. However, being able to print out this basic information pamphlet would allow families and spouses to sit down and read it together. As they read, they could forumulate questions for the urologist at their next meeting when the urologist begins to discuss the man's options for treatments.

Re: Re: Thank You All

Thanks for that TV. It is something I have long considered but have rejected it so far because, as you say there is a good deal more information, through links etc on the site that I would like newbies to see. If the make it through the the Resources page they will find a link to the current version of the document.

But having said that, I would appreciate views from other people - do you think the link should be closer to the beginning of the site?

Thanks

Terry

Re: Publication of A Strange Place

A superb effort Terry which will prove invaluable and a great source of clear and simple information to the newly diagnosed. You are worth your weight in gold.
Bill

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS