Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Will PC spread by biking?

KGK,
I had the DaVinci robotic surgery, in Wisconsin. And I am happy with the result. For robotic surgery you should be especially careful to get a good, experienced surgeon.

Once you get your biopsy results then you'll know a lot more and can see ahead more clearly. My take on the biopsy experience, since you asked, is that it's neither a big deal nor a minimal doctor testing. Somewhere in the middle, and I would advise having someone come with you for the drive home. Also, the urologist might have some further comments on your prostate from what he sees while doing the biopsy. Mine did, so it's worth asking.

Re: Re: Will PC spread by biking? Current Status

Good afternoon,
The results of my biopsy were given to me on Dec 11; and the news was excellent given my high PSA levels. The procedure included 12 samples; two came back with HIPIN, the others were benign. The doc would like another PSA test in 3 months. I would really like to know more about experiences with PIN, and how best to increase one's chances from it moving beyond its precancerous state. Words do not adequately convey how relieved I am, even with the caution of HIPIN... before the biopsy my PSA was in the mid teens, cut in half from a month earlier.

Re: Will PC spread by biking?

I am really pleased for you with your biopsy result, KGK. The best immediate plan for you now is to thoroughly enjoy the Christmas and New Year holiday and put all prostate thoughts behind you! (I was going to say sit on those thoughts).

I don't know what you can do to stop your PIN from becoming PC and I am not sure that PIN will necessarily become PC anyway. But you have proved Terry right in that a high (even very high) PSA does not necessarily mean cancer.

In your situation, I would watch and wait with PSA's every 3 months initially and then maybe 6 months. But I would also schedule another biopsy in one year or earlier if the PSA trends up. I would also think that prostate mapping with MRI would be advisable. My initial take on your result is that if 12 needles didn't find anything, then IF anything is there it is unlikely to be significant. Your PSA seems to be elevated by other causes.

Ted from England

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS