Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mental Health Revisited

Joe, I hope you will soon be able to enjoy life again on your beautiful Island. I'm down in the dumps myself at the moment, which is a combination of the economic recession in Britain, November blues (the weather is bad here) and anger at my botched Da Vinci.

I think the Stranger has a good point, Joe, when he says that just now may not be the time for you to be too strict with your diet. I know you have lots of post radiation problems with your bowels, but maybe only leave out those foods which you are sure cause you distress in that area.

In my early days at this "game" I tried very hard to stay on Michael Milken's diet advice, but honestly I felt so miserable, I gave it up. My policy now is to eat exactly what I like. I try to make sure it's the best quality, unadulterated, and not too large portions.

Everyone is different, I guess, but at 62 and with all that has happened - and with iron grey, English November skies - I gotta eat!!! And drink!!!

Take care, Joe, and thanks for feeling free to vent a bit with us here. We all root for you, mate.

Ted from England

Re: Mental Health Revisited

Sandy & I showed up for our appt with BHS on Thursday. The lady told us that we looked like a sorry bunch that was way past our wits end, our tanks were less than half full, and unless we shed some of the load, we were in big trouble. Thus began the therapy session. I was not even close to a mental break down, so I was told. Sandy helps out with the Church books, news letter, & Sunday bulletins. I've been managing a Sunday School new wire & equipment installation and we both were trying to keep up with the coffee farm. We had hired some help to pick, but were swamped with the pulping and drying, over 100 lbs/day, so we were sorta stress out. Now why we pay someone to tell us that ... is just plain stupid.
The Soy ice cream was soooo good, but the bread was a very bad idea.
Thanks again for all your prayers and support.
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS